Old June 29th 15, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default 83 TS on the M25

On 28/06/2015 20:27, Recliner wrote:

wrote:
North past the junction with the M40 this afternoon (sunday) I saw an
entire train of 1983 stock on 6 low loaders heading northbound. I was
under the impression that this stock had all been sold or scrapped about
a decade ago. Did they still have some hanging around Neasden?

FWIW the train was utterly wrecked. Even the graffiti louts had obviously
given up on it since the graffiti itself was covered in a nice layer of
green mould. Most of the windows were smashed and some of the shoebeams
had snapped presumably due to wood rot.

I wonder if they need the siding space it used to occupy? Could it have
previously been stored in the South Harrow sidings?

One wonders why they left it hanging around for so long. Perhaps they once
planned to re-use some of the carriages for an engineering train, but never
got round to it?

I've some vague idea there was such a notion.

The 83TS were hardly LU's finest hour. That said, they were designed in
a different era, where the expectations of passenger numbers were rather
more pessimistic. A mistake not to be repeated.

(Though having written that, the Roastmaster comes to mind...)