Old June 29th 15, 04:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default 83 TS on the M25

wrote:
In article , y () wrote:

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 12:57:41 +0100
Mizter T wrote:
On 28/06/2015 20:27, Recliner wrote:

wrote:
North past the junction with the M40 this afternoon (sunday) I saw an
entire train of 1983 stock on 6 low loaders heading northbound. I was
under the impression that this stock had all been sold or scrapped
about a decade ago. Did they still have some hanging around Neasden?

FWIW the train was utterly wrecked. Even the graffiti louts had
obviously given up on it since the graffiti itself was covered in a
nice layer of green mould. Most of the windows were smashed and some
of the shoebeams had snapped presumably due to wood rot.

I wonder if they need the siding space it used to occupy? Could it
have previously been stored in the South Harrow sidings?

One wonders why they left it hanging around for so long. Perhaps they
once planned to re-use some of the carriages for an engineering train,
but never got round to it?

I've some vague idea there was such a notion.

The 83TS were hardly LU's finest hour. That said, they were designed in

Apart from the single leaf doors, were there major issues with them?

How did their reliability compare with other stocks? I thought it was much
worse.

Yes, that's my memory, too.