Old April 30th 04, 05:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
SJCWHUK SJCWHUK is offline

Default How to spot ****s on the underground....

This often happens and there is a simple tip on dealing with the problem.

If you sense a person that close and you suspect they are ''piggy backing''
on your ticket, walk slowly through the gates. Remember that its when you
pass the second set of sensors on the other side that the gates close. If
you time it right, there isn't room for them to get through before the
sensor register you passing and the gate closes on them.

BUT.....

DON'T do this if the station is busy
They may still try and squeeze through and push you out the way.
Be safe!

Steve

PS: On one occasion I was very pleased to witness a person push through
behind another guy. Unfortunately (depending on your view point) he pushed
through behind a plain clothes ticket inspector who promptly took his
details :-))
"Dan Gravell" wrote in message
Nick Cooper wrote:
Detrained at Lambeth North this morning. Lanky bald ******* got into
the lift just as the doors opened, and then stood there repeatedly
punching the operation button until they closed again. When he went
through the barriers, it flashed up "child" on the display. He even
had the gall to then not leave as quickly as possible, but rather
stood using the payphone next to the entrance. ****.

Not as annoying as people getting through on your ticket by following
closely behind. I'm trying to perfect the art of leaving it till the
last possible moment before going through the barriers and them closing.
Unfortunately my laptop bag makes this harder.

And to broaden it a little, people that get onto a bus through the exit
doors on the side (and don't pay).

Dan