Old April 30th 04, 05:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TheOneKEA TheOneKEA is offline

Default ELL in peril yet again

marcb wrote in message ...
I see the East London Line has now got yet another vote of no confidence
from central government. What angers me is that noone seems to be
accountable for this abject failure to build a railway that has always
had surefire economic benefit.

M.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/l...ing%20Standard

I got so fed up at this that I went and got a response straight from
the horse's mouth. According to the ELLP contact, all the bureaucratic
crap is finished, and all they need now is formal permission to
approach the construction industry for the purposes of building the
extension.

I guess 2010 was a good forecast after all.

Brad