Old July 10th 15, 02:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Paris Metro chiefs back introduction of driverless Tube trains to London

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 11:08:04 +0000 (UTC), y wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 09:47:21 +0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 9 Jul 2015 16:13:59 +0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Matthew Beard, Transport Editor

The Paris Metro has led the way in Europe, with the first driverless line
opening in 1998, a second in 2012 and a third due by the end of the decade.

Someone should point out to Mr Beard that the DLR has been driverless since
1987 and the victoria line automated since 1967.

I think the Paris Metro trains are unmanned, unlike the DLR and the
Victoria line (which opened in 1968).

Thats true. Not sure I'd be happy about travelling on a completely unmanned
train in our deep level tube tunnels especially in rush hour.

Which means, of course, that we stay under the power of the unions,
whatever limited on-board role they may perform.