Old July 10th 15, 04:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
SB SB is offline

Default How well off are London's tube drivers and why are they striking?

On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 5:36:23 PM UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/gene...-striking.html

At least with no trains the drivers are unable to assault passengers like they do every day by closing the doors on those still trying to get on or off. I'm not talking about the idiot passengers who try and get on / off trains at the very last minute. How many times have I seen a woman with a kid in a pushchair sandwiched between two closing doors? Quite a few. How many times have passengers been killed due to trapped clothing in the doors - quite a few. Remember the old lady killed as she was dragged down the platform at Hounslow a few years ago. And there have been other instances. Numerous complaints to management about drivers not checking the CCTV monitors, closing the doors, and moving off without notice, are always replied to in the vein of 'we have no problems with the issues you mention.' But then with drivers getting 60 grand and supervisors likely less than half that the drivers are well out of control. Their strike is one solely based upon greed. And of course its summer. SB