Old July 11th 15, 06:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Cummins Paul Cummins is offline

Default How well off are London's tube drivers and why are they striking?

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

If the day ever comes when the job genuinely is deskilled to
"pressing
a button" as so many dull people seem to believe it consists of
then a
genuine argument about paying peanuts to employ monkeys might be
warranted.

all I'm going to say is that I still can't master driving a train or tube,
after much more emulator practise than I needed to learn to fly a plane.

And that really can be reduced to "press a button"

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981