Old July 16th 15, 07:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Electric buses

On 2015-07-16 19:09:00 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

The virtual electric double deck trial, using induction charging,
should start on route 69 in October. The charging kit has definitely
been installed at Walthamstow, not sure about Canning Town as I
haven't been down there for a while.

Is that the same kit used in MK? It's the first other example I've
seen of it. Personally I think it's a gimmick and a plug-in cable
would do the job just as well, particularly in London where the driver
doesn't carry cash so will not have that risk if he gets out of the cab
to plug in.

Neil
--
Neil Williams