Old July 16th 15, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Electric buses

On 2015-07-16 19:09:00 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

The virtual electric double deck trial, using induction charging,
should start on route 69 in October. The charging kit has definitely
been installed at Walthamstow, not sure about Canning Town as I
haven't been down there for a while.

Is that the same kit used in MK? It's the first other example I've seen
of it. Personally I think it's a gimmick and a plug-in cable would do
the job just as well, particularly in London where the driver doesn't
carry cash so will not have that risk if he gets out of the cab to plug in.

Why have the hassle of plugging in a heavy, probably high voltage, high
current cable when the bus can be charged effortlessly and safely using
inductive charging? There's no cable or plug/socket to get damaged.

My phone and toothbrush have it, so why not the bus?