Old July 16th 15, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Electric buses

In message
-septemb
er.org, at 20:22:44 on Thu, 16 Jul 2015, Recliner
remarked:
when the bus can be charged effortlessly and safely using
inductive charging? There's no cable or plug/socket to get damaged.

My phone and toothbrush have it, so why not the bus?

But a slight difference in the amount of power being transferred I think.
Not just literally between a toothbrush and a bus, but the degree to
which one can scale the engineering.

"HaloIPT supplied its revolutionary induction charging technology for
102EX, the Rolls Royce Phantom Experimental Electric vehicle, revealed on 2
March at the Geneva Motor Show."

From http://www.arup.com/Homepage_ElectricTransport.aspx

"Two of these small Citroen C1 electric vehicles are currently
participating in the Arup-led CABLED electric vehicle evaluation
programme in the West Midlands."