Old July 17th 15, 08:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Electric buses

On 2015-07-17 08:26:24 +0000, y said:

Why hasn't Wrightbus come up with an offering? Seems to me they've been
caught napping over this.

They have, indeed they were first in the UK; the Milton Keynes ones are
Streetlite-derived. Though I think the electrical equipment is from another company.

Presumably that's the point? Wrightbus is a bus assembler, but the point
of these trials is to test electric power trains in the real world. It's
companies like Siemens who make those, not the companies that fabricate
bodies.

I guess the Chinese may have been cheaper?

Almost certainly. The Chinese are very keen on electric vehicles, given the
terrible smog levels in the major Chinese cities, and so will be mass
producing these buses.