Old July 20th 15, 08:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spuddy@your.buddy is offline

Default Virgin Broadband

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 02:23:21 -0700 (PDT)
Offramp wrote:
I can't see the point of not putting Virgin wifi in the tunnels. I can list=
en to the cricket at Tooting Broadway, but then I lose the signal and I hav=
e to reconnect at Tooting Bec. I have to reconnect at every station. Are th=
ey ever going to put routers in the tunnel?

No. Wifi isn't a cellular system - its not designed for handing over from
one router to the next as you move along. By the time your phone had
tried to reconnect to the next router it would already be moving out of range.

Anyway, can't you go half an hour without using your phone?

--
Spud