Old July 20th 15, 12:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Paris Metro chiefs back introduction of driverless Tube trains

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 03:20:24PM +0100, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
"David Cantrell" wrote
You could hardly call me a lefty, but I'm a member of a union, and think
that every employee should be. I've never gone on strike, and I've never
permitted my union to negotiate my pay or working conditions for me. I
have, however, used their legal services.

I reckon that I get pretty good value for my tenner a month.

Have you priced legal insurances ?

I didn't get as far as pricing them, because all the ones I looked at
didn't offer what I want.

There's more to a union's legal services than getting an attack lawyer
when your relationship with your employer goes south. I have used them
to, for example, look over an employment contract, and to verify that my
changes to an employment contract before I accepted a job correctly
matched what I wanted and didn't leave any irritating loopholes.

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

You know you're getting old when you fancy the
teenager's parent and ignore the teenager
-- Paul M in uknot