Old July 21st 15, 08:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spuddy@your.buddy is offline

Default Boris buses and their flat batteries

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 21:25:34 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
of that lack of testing. I fear we will keep on reaping the
consequences for years to come - long after any warranty period has
expired.

And long after Boris's tenure as Mayor is just another footnote in political
history.

I don't see tweets and comments from people complaining about other
bus types "smelling of ****" - this seems a rather unique NB4L trait.

I wonder if there's a fault with the adblue system? I presume they use it.

One thing I do think should be answered is whether the alleged sacking
by Metroline of a bus driver who refused to drive NB4Ls on safety
grounds happened or not. I notice nothing's been said about that.
That's a pretty crucial issue given the Mayor's recent decision to
extend confidential reporting (CIRAS) to London's bus operations.

While I'm no fan of the things are can't really see how there could be an
issue so severe that it would affect safety, unless the driver was claiming
that the brakes don't work properly.

--
Spud