Old July 21st 15, 08:37 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default TV Drama at Waterloo (the inteerceptor)

On 19/07/2015 19:08, Peter Able wrote:
On 19/07/2015 15:08, tim..... wrote:
Apologies to those of you who aren't 6 weeks behind with this :-)

But the opening 10 minute scenes for this was shot in an, obviously
busy, Waterloo station.

Just how do they find the time to do this?

Do they film in the middle of the day and use the normal punters as
"extras" hoping not to make anybody miss their train, or the middle of
the night and hire in two thousand people to act as "commuters".

We're used to stations being used for a short clip with little outside
cast, but this must have been some undertaking, half a dozen separate
scenes cut done to 10 minutes of final output has got to take 8-12 hours
of filming time.

Anyone have any scoop on this?

tim

The obvious comparison is with Terminus, shot 50 years ago. A lot of
that was set up, and both films used the departure/arrival boards as
anchors to slower-paced action.

Look at the point near the end of the action where the bad guy tumbles
down the stairs. The woman ascending doesn't bat an eye-lid. At one
time I'd have thought that that was the sign of an extra - but perhaps
that is how much a member of the public reacts to such things,
nowadays?

Interesting question, Tim. Hope it gets an informed answer.

PA

I seem to remember when they filmed one of the Bourne films at Waterloo
they tried to do it with the general public around but the principle
actor (Matt Damon?) kept getting mobbed...

And a little bit of googling leads to:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...m-filming.html