Old July 21st 15, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Able Peter Able is offline

Default TV Programmes

On 21/07/2015 12:51, David Cantrell wrote:
On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 05:46:32PM -0500, wrote:
In article , stuck@home
(Peter Able) wrote:

Several documentaries relating to transport and London coming up on
London Live:

25Jul15 1900: Terminus ...
01Aug15 1900: Capital Visit ...
01Aug15 1930: This Year - London ...
29Aug15 1900: Bridge of Song ...

All from British Transport Films.

How might those of us not in London see these?

No-one in London watches London Live either, it gets a staggering 0.05%
of the audience :-)

The first three are available to buy on DVD according to
http://www.britishtransportfilms.co.uk/. If you can't find them online
then I expect that the BFI shop will be able to get them for you.

Well, here is a good reason for watching London Live, then. They are
also showing a season of the other films the Ealing Studios made. At
one time both the BBC and Channel 4 used to show such
out-of-the-mainstream items - before they became ratings-obsessed.
London Live may not last too long - but, personally, I'm grateful for
any initiative that gets this material before the public.

BTW, all four of the films mentioned are on BFI BTF DVDs - and they are
generally all much cheaper from other suppliers than directly from the
BFI

PA