Old May 1st 04, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North CJG  Now Thankfully Living In The North is offline

Default fare evasion penalties

"tim" wrote in message ...
"Steve Peake" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:32:17 +0000 (UTC), evan wrote:

A couple of people have frightened her about this & said she can get a

fine
of up to £1000 & a criminal record - it's the criminal record bit she is

So ISTM that either there is something missing from the story
or they have no chance of winning.

See a solicitor prompto.

tim

Steve

Whilist I think £1000 fine is a bit over the top I think anyone who
evades paying on the bendy buses should be proscuted for the sole
reason of the honest people who pay a pound to travel even though
there is little chance of anyone checking their ticket.
And it does seem strange that someone so innocent should be taken such
a hard line with. Possibly there is something that the poster "forgot"
to mention about the case as in my experince it doesn't matter how
honest the person when faced with being punished for something they
have done they are usually clean as a sheet but "forgot" certian
aspects of the case.