Old July 29th 15, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Pointless missive from TfL regarding buses and roadworks

In article , (Someone
Somewhere) wrote:

I've just received a mail from TfL entitled "Changes to bus route
135" which, as an occasional user of that service, was of some
interest to me.

I wondered as it downloaded (I think quickly) what it was going to be
- a route extension (to Barbican please!), a curtailment, later
running? But no, to quote:

"
I am writing to let you know that until spring 2016, we will be
building Cycle Superhighway 1 from White Hart Lane stadium to
Liverpool Street station, as part of the Road Modernisation Plan.

The second phase of work will take place at the junction of Old
Street and Great Eastern Street from Monday 3 August.

Public transport

Access to Tube and Rail stations will not be affected by these works,
but entrances may change at times. Buses passing through the area may
be subject to delays, diverted or stop short of their normal
destination; this includes route 135. "

To paraphrase, all this says is "roadworks happening, roads busy, we
may screw with buses (which we often do anyway)".

What about other buses though - for example the 205 (which I also
take) on long term diversion on pretty much the same route through
the area?

There seems to be a bit more detail on the TfL web site.

--
Colin Rosenstiel