Old July 29th 15, 02:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Scotland - England: West side or east side? And who's advsing the Scots?

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote:
In message , Someone Somewhere wrote:
Slightly off topic but if anyone is interested in metre gauge I can
thoroughly recommend the railways of Corsica

Speaking of which, can anyone advise on the railways (if any) of
Sardinia? Particularly at the southern end. Anything particularly worth a
ride if I can persuade SWMBO?

Here's some pics I took last year on an RTC tour. Be warned, however, that
the steam trains you see in these pics, and the more remote narrow gauge
lines are running on borrowed time. The scheduled rail cars don't cover
anything like the full network, and the vintage steam trains have to be
specially chartered. The lines are living off EU subsidies for deprived
areas as a way of promoting tourism.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...7644394332828/