Old July 31st 15, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default First Class 700 arrives at Three Bridges

" wrote:
On 31.07.15 17:02, Recliner wrote:
" wrote:
On 31.07.15 15:41, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Will the ATO on them be operative when they enter revenue service?

It may be on the trains, but I don't think the new signalling will be live
in the TL core next year.

I did not think so. ETA?

Probably 2018:

David states: “By using ATO, with the underlying Automatic Train Protection
(ATP) provided by ETCS, the core section will safely support trains passing
at 2.5min headways, and enable service recovery mode with headways of just
two minutes, when necessary. However, the technology must first undergo an
extensive period of testing.

“This is the first time ATO will be used with ETCS, or indeed on any
mainline in this country, so there has been a lot of work to reach this
stage. It is vital that we get this right.

“There are a lot of system integration aspects to consider, such as with
the new rolling stock that will be introduced from 2016. So whilst we will
commence technology testing with a Class 313 test train in March, we will
not get to test with the Class 700, the train being built for Thameslink,
until next year.”

This means that the switch to ATO will not take place until late 2017 at
the earliest. However, it will be in place for the programme’s completion
in 2018, which is when the five-year rebuild of London Bridge also comes to
a close.

______

http://rail.ricardo.com/en/Blogs/Art...ink-signalling