Old August 1st 15, 07:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default First Class 700 arrives at Three Bridges

In message , at 02:30:21
on Sat, 1 Aug 2015, remarked:

4 cars, when I thought 700's were going to be in fixed 8 and 12 car
formations.

Yes! I looked at the pictures and wondered where the other cars were

I suppose if they want to use it for testing, a short-formed one is
going to be almost as good as a regular one.

As for the mystery of why GN's Connections magazine thinks 700's will be
running to Kings Lynn, some exchanges on Twitter, and a lot of reading
between the lines, suggests that when they say:

"we will begin to introduce them on the London King’s Cross to
Cambridge, King’s Lynn and Peterborough routes later [in 2016]"

For the Kings Lynn trains they mean "the handful a day which are
currently 8-car 365's". The 377's will therefore arrive later, perhaps
after a delayed cascade from Thameslink due to issues with deploying
700's on that route.