Old August 1st 15, 05:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_5_] eastender[_5_] is offline

Default Dormant Oyster funds - fuss about nothing?

I don't understand why we keep seeing stories about unclaimed Oyster
money as though TFL is doing something wrong.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-10430319.html

Clearly the deposit was necessary to cut down on people throwing the
cards away. And clearly anyone can get their money back, even from
aboard by mailing it. You can get a refund on the credit online if not
the deposit. And the average credit on cards is only £3.74 a card in
any case.

About the only thing they could do is allow people to cancel the card
completely online and get credit and deposit back.

Am I missing something?

E.