Old August 2nd 15, 01:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default Dormant Oyster funds - fuss about nothing?

wrote:
The point now, surely, is that unless you have a season ticket or a
relevant railcard there is no point in using Oyster Pay As You go any
more and that Contactless is preferable? I've been struck by how
large balances really occasional users I know have on their Oyster
cards.

I am happy to lend my PAYG Oyster to visitors who are not happy to use
(or in one case doesn't have) a contactless card. Why they should be
denied the benefit of the lower fares just because they are what you may
consider unreasonably risk-averse or technologically challenged?

(FTAOD *I* am too risk-averse to lend them one of my contactless cards.)
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid