Old August 6th 15, 04:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Chiltern to Paddington

Chris wrote:
On Thursday, 6 August 2015 13:55:28 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
Yes, I suppose so, though at least HS2 will now be in tunnel in the
Park Royal area, rather than taking over that old GWR Oxford line
alignment to Northolt.

But once Crossrail and the OOC station are built, I wonder if a
possible route to Paddington with available capacity will remain?

Think laterally - what'll be at OOC station? Yup, Crossrail & a
connection to LHR. Won't that be enough to attract Chiltern?. Quite
probably, with no requirement for Paddington.

Yes, I did suggest upthread that OOC itself might be a useful Chiltern
destination, for both Crossrail and HS2, as well as probably the
Overground.

Also, someone up-thread suggested Risborough/Aylesbury - why not extend
that northwards & eastwards when the new EastWest comes online & run to
Milton Keynes or Bedford? That's my thinking.

There's only a single track connection from the joint line to Aylesbury and
the east-west line central section. In any case, there's a good chance that
the Tring stoppers will be moved from Euston to Crossrail, which would be a
very much better link to MK.