Old August 10th 15, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.railway
Barry Salter[_2_] Barry Salter[_2_] is offline

Default Chiltern to Paddington

On 07/08/2015 22:03, Roger Lynn wrote:

I had thought the plan was to divert a couple of the existing
services to Oxford. The xx48 from Marylebone would be an obvious
choice: it terminates at Bicester, rather than the more natural
Banbury, and doesn't connect with anything. However the matching xx18
service which would be the other one to send to Oxford does have a
connection at Bicester North and is also sometimes extended to
Banbury or Stratford (even though it would be better to extend the
xx48).

The latest iteration of the October timetable has been uploaded into
ITPS, so is now available in journey planners, and it's a fairly major
recast in the off-peak!

Northbound from Marylebone:

xx.05 - Oxford Parkway (fast to Haddenham & Thame Parkway)
xx.10 - Birmingham Moor Street (High Wycombe, then fast to Banbury)
xx.13 - Aylesbury via High Wycombe (fast to Gerrards Cross)
xx.16 - High Wycombe (Wembley Stadium, South Ruislip, Gerrards Cross,
Beaconsfield)
xx.27 - Aylesbury via Amersham
xx.35 - Oxford Parkway (fast to High Wycombe, then Bicester Village)
xx.40 - Birmingham Snow Hill (Bicester North, Banbury...)
xx.43 - Banbury (fast to Gerrards Cross)
xx.46 - Gerrards Cross (stopper)
xx.57 - Aylesbury Vale Parkway via Amersham

The xx.10 Birminghams are the current xx.15s, but with an additional
call at High Wycombe; xx.13 is the current xx.21; xx.16 the current
xx.25(ish); Mets return to xx.27 and xx.57; xx.40 is the current xx.45
minus the High Wycombe call; xx.43 is the current xx.48 and xx.46 is the
current xx.52.

Cheers,

Barry

--
Barry Salter, usenet (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk

Disclaimer: The above do not necessarily represent the views of my
employer.