Old August 12th 15, 03:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Bakerloo & northern extensions

On 8/12/2015 3:34 PM, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2015\08\12 14:43, David Walters wrote:
On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 13:35:51 +0100,
wrote:
On 12.08.15 9:29,
y wrote:
Its all gone quiet with the bakerlook. Anyone know what the latest is?

Also is the northern line extension underway yet or is it still in the
planning phase?

IIRC, the government gave its final approval on the Northern Line
Extension. But I know nothing more at this time.

Work has started. There are updates at
https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-informatio...line-extension

A year to fit two stations out and another year to test and commission
the extension! You'd think an underground extension was mature
technology by now.

And how long has been allocated for Crossrail for these bits? The
tunnels are pretty much done now and we're not going to see service
through the core until late 2018 from memory.