Old August 13th 15, 05:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Bakerloo & northern extensions

David C wrote:
On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 15:39:40 +0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

but the rest
of the District can't be thought of as anything but one line. The Met as it
is today is very much a single line. Of course, the Met once included the
H&C.

Which it really should again - I've never understood the truly dreadful
service on the Liverpool St - Aldgate East route (I know why - all the
Met terminators at Aldgate crossing the flat junction - but surely a
solution would be to terminate them somewhere else (further up the
eastern branch of the line perhaps?))

I doubt that there's room anywhere for them, in track or reversing terms
east of Aldgate East.

There is a new (for the Olympics) turnback road at West Ham, no longer
in regular use AFAIK.

Could all the Met reversers fit in with the District and H&C trains to West
Ham?