Old August 20th 15, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Dead DLR train

On 8/20/2015 11:02 AM, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
A train died at Bank this morning. I know cos was I was there - it was
stuck halfway into the eastbound platform with the red interrupt light
shining next to the doors. Had a couple of bods standing at the consoles at
the front looking confused. What I didn't understand is why they didn't just
drive it out of the way manually immediately? If it really was a fault with
the train as they were saying (and not with the signalling system) then
surely that would make the most sense?

If there was a fault with the train, perhaps they couldn't drive it
manually?

Maybe the bods in question, or the train itself, were scared of the dark
and were far happier doing things in the relative safety of the station?