Old August 22nd 15, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] joyce.whitchurch@btinternet.com is offline

Default Potential Tube strikes - how widespread?

I shall be in London for a good bit of next week, and I notice warnings of strikes on the Underground network. Now, the TfL website tells me that: "We will run whatever Tube services we can on those four days, based on the staff that sign into their shifts".

Going off recent experience, what sort of Tube service is likely to be provided? Is it worth venturing near an Underground station at all, or am I best just aiming for buses, Overground, boats, cable cars etc? In fact, should I just stay close to my hotel and rely on Shanks' pony to get around?

TIA for any info.
--
Joyce Whitchurch, Stalybridge, UK