Old August 26th 15, 08:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spuddy@your.buddy is offline

Default Tower Gateway DLR

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 18:23:38 +0100
Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 8/25/2015 4:06 PM, y wrote:
Given that the service to Bank has been suspended twice now in the space of
a week, I'm wondering what nobel prize winning genius thought that spending
no doubt millions to convert Tower Gateway station to a single track was a
really good idea.

What a bunch of ****ing morons.

The reason given was that there was no room for 6 car trains in the
platforms - was there really no room?

Given that the new platforms which can accomodate that length are built
where the track used to be I would take that with a pinch of salt. They no
doubt figured simplifying the track and having 2 platforms either side would
be a good solution for a little used station but of course they never
considered what would happen if Bank was closed. The answer if yesterday is
anything to go by is utter chaos, and to add to the fun there wasn't a single
member of staff there to do crowd control either. Pathetic.

--
Spud