Old August 29th 15, 06:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Woman only carraiges - says Corbyn

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
09:22:22 on Sat, 29 Aug 2015,
remarked:

Don't forget, a lot of people from the "Ladies only" era of
compartment stock, wrongly called compartments carriages.

Only a few types of stock had Ladies-only compartments, of course.

Pretty much all the suburban and outer suburban stock on the
Liverpool St line in the 60's/70's had compartments, and these trains
also had "women only" compartments.

As a schoolboy I was chucked out of one by platform staff, despite
being the only occupant.

The Windsor lines stock that I travelled on generally didn't have them.

--
Colin Rosenstiel