Old September 4th 15, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Woolwich

On 04/09/2015 15:32, e27002 aurora wrote:

On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 11:07:14 +0000 (UTC), y wrote:

On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 02:08:26 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:
Canning Town to Stratford DLR (taken over from NLL) provides useful
connections northwards, and Stratford has tons of connections to
all kinds of places.

Personally I think that link would have been far more useful as part of
the upgraded Overground NLL. I don't really understand the reasoning
behind making it part of the DLR. Instead of some nice 378s you have
to ride on rattly uncomfortable DLR trains and change at stratford if
you wish to continue further around the NLL.

IMHO It would have made more sense to have continued the NLL from
Canning Town under the Thames and on to North Greenwich and Maze Hill.

The Jubilee would have been better continuing from North Greenwich to
North Woolwich and Thamesmead. But, TfL are awful fond of their DLR
toy train system.

TfL as such didn't exist when the Jubilee Line Extension was planned and
built. A route to Thamesmead was one of the JLE options, but choices
were made a long time ago on this.

The "toy train" is very popular, including the new route taken over from
the NLL via Star Lane. Lots of local passengers taking journeys off the
roads.