Old May 2nd 04, 11:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default TfL cycling (on-yer-bike posters) spot-the-problem quiz

Jim Brittin wrote:
In article ,
says...

The pie & mash shop says "Traditional Since 189x" (the x is
obscured by the cyclist). That may mean that it's Goddard's of
Greenwich or Robins of East Ham, both of which started in 1890, I
think. It's not Goddard's (wrong design of shop front), so I'll
guess it's Robins, which is at 105 High Street North, E6. As far
as I can tell from information on the web, there is a 1-way flow
northbound at this point, and Robins is on the west side, so the
cyclist is going against the one-way flow.

AICMFP

Definitely not Robins, wrong type of shop front, no writing on the
windows, no chequered tiling. Robins proclaims it's been
established over 50 years. [You are quite correct about the
one-way flow at this part of High Street North]

I based the 1890 opening of Robins on a BBC London report (which also
got the address wrong!) :-(
--
Richard J.