Old September 6th 15, 04:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Getting hold of tube maps

This used to be a trivial matter of asking at a ticket office and sometimes
from racks at ticket offices.

Now that ticket offices are closing, how is it supposed to work?

I wanted to get an up-to-date tube map and had a little time before getting
my train at King's Cross yesterday so I descended into the bowels of the
tube station to look. Nothing in the original ticket hall so I went to the
Western Ticket Hall following signs to a Travel Office (or whatever). No
sign of a staffed facility and the few leaflets on offer were in larger than
tube maps racks on a wall.

So I asked at the gateline where a staff member offered me her somewhat
dogeared map. I asked if she had any new ones and she went over to a small
pile on the base of a signboard.

Is this what the best way of helping visitors round the tube system has come
down to now?

--
Colin Rosenstiel