Old September 6th 15, 07:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Getting hold of tube maps

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

On 06/09/2015 17:15,
wrote:

This used to be a trivial matter of asking at a ticket office and
sometimes from racks at ticket offices.

Now that ticket offices are closing, how is it supposed to work?

I wanted to get an up-to-date tube map and had a little time before
getting my train at King's Cross yesterday so I descended into the
bowels of the tube station to look. Nothing in the original ticket hall
so I went to the Western Ticket Hall following signs to a Travel Office
(or whatever). No sign of a staffed facility and the few leaflets on
offer were in larger than tube maps racks on a wall.

So I asked at the gateline where a staff member offered me her somewhat
dogeared map. I asked if she had any new ones and she went over to a
small pile on the base of a signboard.

Is this what the best way of helping visitors round the tube system has
come down to now?

Tube maps seem to remain widely available in leaflet racks at Tube
stations.

Nowhere I looked around King's Cross St Pancras (the Euston Road end) though.

--
Colin Rosenstiel