Old September 7th 15, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Borders Railway (Edinburgh - Tweedbank) opening Sun 6 Sep 2015

In message , at 07:00:49
on Mon, 7 Sep 2015, remarked:
A few months ago, I seriously considered buying a house on the edge of
Galashiels, on the strength of the arrival of the line.

My daughter is looking for a flat to rent in London for the next
academic year. She *was* using the night-tube as one indicator of
suitable places to live. But that's turning rapidly to dust.

So it looks like it's back to Z2 north of Euston Rd, and/or night
buses.

She has a fair number of cycling options.

Not really. Last year cycling from near Finsbury Park was taking three
quarters of an hour, and much effort needed to avoid very dangerously
busy roads. I'd also not recommend cycling home at midnight after social
events in Z1 (even in summer let alone in the depths of winter), which
is where the night bus|tube requirement comes from.