Old September 8th 15, 07:23 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Borders Railway (Edinburgh - Tweedbank) opening Sun 6 Sep 2015

In message , at 19:09:10 on
Mon, 7 Sep 2015, Paul Corfield remarked:

Without wishing to be unduly rude about your daughter's thought
processes but the Night Tube is a ludicrous basis on which to choose
where to live.

Transport options are one of the most important criteria when making a
choice of where to live - after all it's only a year and the local
facilities which might appeal to families etc are irrelevant.

This is not the first instance I've read of of people using Night Tube
as a determinant of potential residential location but really!!

As far as I can tell the determinants a location, price and 'not
having mousetraps in the bedrooms when viewing'.

If we had an appalling night bus service then I might understand the
attraction of a night tube but the Night Bus is very good and
especially at weekends. If nothing else it will typically get people
closer to where they live than a tube line will given the great spread
of bus stops across London.

One of the places we looked at was fairly close to a night bus route -
but it was a north-south route and would have required a change to get
there from the West End.