Old September 8th 15, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Getting hold of tube maps

On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 07:54:01AM -0500, wrote:
(David Cantrell) wrote:
wrote:
This used to be a trivial matter of asking at a ticket office and
sometimes from racks at ticket offices.
Now that ticket offices are closing, how is it supposed to work?

Google on your phone.

And the backup for when the battery dies or there is no coverage? Also,
phone screens are much smaller than the pocket map so I actually find paper
easier to use.

London has good coverage. In fact it's better for tourists than locals,
as tourists will roam onto an available network but locals are SOL is
they just happen to be in a blackspot for their carrier.

As for the battery, my experience is that the battery doesn't die
between breakfast and getting back to the hotel in the evening unless
I'm playing video games.

But even in your doomsday scenario there are always the maps on the
wall.

--
David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

Anyone willing to give up a little fun for tolerance deserves neither