Old September 10th 15, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Bus stop 'Countdown' signs.

On 10/09/2015 17:21, wrote:
There is a bus stop just North of Croydon flyover, I think it's KP, served by the 60 and 405 towards Purley. Until recently it had a countdown sign, mounted between two columns, the one supporting the bus stop flag itself, and a shorter one s metre or so to the South. A couple of days ago I noticed that the countdown, and the second supporting column, had been removed. I think the main column may have been replaced, because there was no stop letter disc on top of it.

Has this sign been removed for some specific reason, or is there a general policy to remove countdown signs now, possibly because many people have smartphones, and most of those who don't have simple mobile 'phones which can get bus times by SMS?

There's no such policy for their removal - if anything I think the
desire is for more to be installed.

(Neil might come along in a mo and say they're not needed, but I disagree.)