Old September 14th 15, 07:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bye Bye Wolmar

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 09:45:04 on Mon, 14
Sep 2015, Neil Williams remarked:

I'm a pedestrian, a cyclist, a motorist, an air passenger, a ship
passenger, a rail passenger, a bus passenger and probably others I
haven't thought of. I choose the appropriate mode of transport for the
journey being made, IOW, though I'll admit motorcycling doesn't feature
I wouldn't rule it out for the future.

Why do we have to typecast ourselves?

Many of us don't (I'm multimodal like yourself - and add trams if you
like, and obviously minicabs and taxis).

But there quite a few militant cyclists and militant non-car-users,
and people who claim they wouldn't be seen dead on a bike/in a bus.
And then the people who famously would only use a taxi when
travelling around Z1/Z2. So there are many flavours of people around.

Far less than you appear to think from my experience of the Cambridge
Cycling Campaign.

--
Colin Rosenstiel