Old September 15th 15, 08:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Bye Bye Wolmar

On 9/14/2015 8:33 PM, wrote:
In article ,
(Roland Perry)
wrote:

But there quite a few militant cyclists and militant non-car-users,
and people who claim they wouldn't be seen dead on a bike/in a bus.
And then the people who famously would only use a taxi when
travelling around Z1/Z2. So there are many flavours of people around.

Far less than you appear to think from my experience of the Cambridge
Cycling Campaign.

And far more than you think from my experience living adjacent to CS3,
particularly with the works currently going on (where there are signs
that request "Cyclists Dismount" that none did as I was trying to
traverse that stretch, almost being hit by 5 or 6 overly-entitled
lycra-clad idiots). That's ignoring the average one accident a week I
see (on the same stretch) where pedestrians interact with cyclists who
are oblivious to anything apart from themselves and their mission to get
wherever they are going.

The problem is, they can seemingly organise - I loved reading the
results of the consultation on the changes on Cable Street where, of
those who provided their postcode, only a quarter were within the local
postal area or even one adjacent (E1, E1W, E14, E2, EC) :

https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/roa...ion-report.pdf