Old September 18th 15, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default New Heathrow Express Advance fares

On 2015-09-17 14:20:52 +0000, Roland Perry said:

ANPR requires a camera.

Sorry, I meant that the only output from the camera was ANPR data, not
surveillance.

A lens with LEDs (infra red I presume) around it.

Looks like a camera, then. Though it is by no means clear what is done
with the data from the camera; possibly nothing other than checking
whether it sees a car or a piece of tarmac.

Germany, for instance, is not a CCTV loving country, and while cameras
are usually provided for DOO train dispatch they are often not used for
surveillance.

Neil
--
Neil Williams