Old September 18th 15, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default New Heathrow Express Advance fares

On 17/09/2015 13:59, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 13:11:49 on Thu, 17
Sep 2015, Neil Williams remarked:

When I was at Heathrow T2 last week I was surprised to see that there
was a CCTV camera for *every* space in the car park. One of the side
effects (although they could do it with less intrusive technology)
was that empty spaces had a green light above them, so you could see
from afar, down each aisle, whether or not there was somewhere to park.

That's "sensor parking". The camera is probably just detecting
presence, rather than being recorded.

Yeah, right.

Recoding a video stream from hundreds of cameras situated right next to
each other seems like overkill, even for the most paranoid.

I dare say they are just sensors.