Old May 3rd 04, 09:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default ELL in peril yet again

wrote in message ...
Boltar wrote:
Personally I'm not too upset about the ELL not going ahead. If it was to be
a proper tube line then fine , but I'd rather my tax money was spent on
something other than a bit of track to join up a load of **** poor TOCs
just so they can **** up east london travel as much as they have everywhere
else.

As far as I can tell, there isn't any "east london travel" that does the
job the ELL would, and so I can't see how the ELL could **** up travel
routes that don't exist. It might not improve them as much as we might
hope, I suppose. Do you have a more cogent argument that you can advance?

The service on the ELL at the moment is not bad (going by personal experience).
Once some TOC takes over you can guarantee that service levels will go through
the floor. That was my point.

B2003