Old September 24th 15, 06:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Ticket Office Lottery

" wrote:
On 24.09.15 18:13, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 09:22:34 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
wrote:

Okay, i was rushing through and only noticed the shut one... Sorry!

They are all shut now at KX. North ticket hall was last but it closed
last week. One day I went through and 3 windows were open. A couple of
days later - blue hoardings in place.

There is a list on the TfL website but it only has "months" rather
than specific dates. I wish they would publish a proper list and
proper programme for people.

https://tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/do...works-2015.pdf

The only problem that I see with closing all the ticket offices are the
fact that queues could possibly be noticeably slower when a E* or two
pulls in and/or you have a group of tourists from the continent.

Queues for what?

I fear that some luddite will sit there, with less than a clue of how to
work the thing and take their sweet, sweet time.

Work what thing?

Will they at least have staff on the ground to get people through there,
particularly when a large group goes through there?

There are supposed to be staff in the ticket hall to help people use the
ticket machines.