Old September 25th 15, 08:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Ticket Office Lottery

wrote:
On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 18:15:59 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 15:00:29 +0100, "
wrote:

On 24.09.15 14:47, Offramp wrote:
It is very hard to guess which Ticket Offices are currently still open and

which are shut.

Canden Town has shut but Chalk Farm is open. Victoria is open but I believe

King's Cross is shut.Tooting Broadway and Colliers Wood are both still open.

I wonder if there is a list anywhere?

Why would they shut Camden Town, especially since it is tourist hell?

They are shutting everywhere. Nowhere is exempt. The needs of tourists
count no higher than the needs of anyone else.

NS now employs a 50-cent surcharge for those who use the windows, rather
than the ticket machines. Has LUL, LOROL or NR considered doing similar?

Certain exemptions would apply, of course.

Too late - this is an example of one of those bloody awful "scorched
earth" policies where everything is being rushed through under the
control of one Mayor so it cannot be reversed by the next Mayor. No
change will happen before May 2016 barring some horrendous accident
that calls the policy into question and causes the Mayor to panic.

I honestly don't understand what Boris is doing here. It seems to me this is
going way beyond cost cutting but has a political dimension. Reduce the staff
roles to little better than ushers and hope they get fed up and quit then
rehire a bunch of muppets on a lower salary to replace them.

Sounds just like your policy for Tube drivers.