Old May 3rd 04, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] romic@cix.compulink.co.uk is offline

Default London to Cite Europe - trips via Euroshuttle

In article , ()
wrote:

Does anybody know of a firm doing regular trips to Cite Europe
(Calais), via the Euroshuttle from London or the Croydon area (or
perhaps regularly from Ashford?).

A few years ago there used to be an excellent, little publicised, turn
up and go service from Charing Cross station and other places. You got
the ticket from the station, travelled to Ashford, and there was a
regular coach service on the hour for most of the day to/from Cite
Europe and Calais. Unfortunately the rail company stopped these "due to
lack of interest"!

I realise that a car trip is the best way, but I've never bothered to
take my driving test, so that is out of the question. I would prefer
the shuttle to the ferry, because it is quicker, but the ferry could be
a last resort. The only other way is getting the Eurostar to Paris to
do some shopping, but that is rather extreme :-)

Thanks

Roger

Thanks for the replies. I will try the Croydon area when I can get there,
(Sutton is more convenient, but Croydon is the nearest big town), and of
course a local drop off point would be much more convenient.

The National Express service doesn't seem too bad as an alternative,
albeit it's having to travel to/from London. Not sure if it goes on the
shuttle or by ferry - it doesn't mention that anywhere on the website.
Roger