Old September 27th 15, 12:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ticket Office Lottery

In article ,
(Walter Briscoe) wrote:

Ticket Offices provide printed Oyster Statements. POMs don't - "you can
use the Internet" - it would have been trivial to put the last 8
journeys on paper ticket stock.

That isn't even true. Ticket Office print what is recorded on the Oyster
Card. The Internet can't do that and a problem I have 3 years ago couldn't
have been resolved without a printout from a ticket office.

I was assured that POMs with roving staff would be able to provide printouts
from Oyster cards when I contacted TfL:

I asked:

Does this mean that machines will be able to print the history and
railcard indicators on Oyster cards? Where can I see one when I next
go to London?

Their reply to my email said this on 15 April:

Dear Mr Rosenstiel
Thank you for your email dated 17 March regarding the ticket machines
to be operated by staff at our stations when the ticket offices close.
These ticket machines will be able to carry out these functions.
They are currently being installed at stations and the first ones
will be available within the next two months. The first stations to
receive the machines will be Chigwell, Embankment, Roding Valley,
Shepherd's Bush, South Wimbledon, Temple, Theydon Bois and Upminster
Bridge. They should be available at all stations by December this
year.
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please contact me again
if you need any assistance or information or, if you would prefer to
call, please do so on 0343 222 1234.

Kind regards

Eileen Costello
Customer Service Adviser