Old May 3rd 04, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default How to spot ****s on the underground....

On Sun, 2 May 2004 at 10:20:38, wrote:

I really hate those who insist on (slowly) packing every single item away
before then deciding that they will turn to the checkout person to see how
much their bill is before eventually paying it. Although I usually keep up
with packing the stuff as it comes off the conveyor belt, I will stop and
pay as soon as the bill is ready. I can then go back to packing any
remaining items and the checkout person then has the option to wait until
I'm out of the way or start on the next person.

I try to keep up with the packing, but I do clear stuff out of the way
before I pay. Mind you, there's a woman in my local Lidl who is just so
fast at getting stuff through that you haven't a hope of keeping up with
her!

As for looking to see how much it is, well, duh! After all, if it's
more than you expected, you might decide to pay by card instead of cash
- and that means looking in a totally different part of your bag.

What annoys me is when I have put the items to buy on the conveyor belt
in the order in which I wish to put them in my shopping bag, more or
less, and the checkout operator insists on picking up all the fragile
items first!
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004