Old May 3rd 04, 12:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default How to spot ****s on the underground....

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 May 2004 at 10:20:38, wrote:

I try to keep up with the packing, but I do clear stuff out of the way
before I pay. Mind you, there's a woman in my local Lidl who is just so
fast at getting stuff through that you haven't a hope of keeping up with
her!

If you want to see really high speed checkout operation, try Auchan, Grande
Synthe (Dunkerque) or Carrefour, Cité Europe. Whatever you might think about
the French, they always seriously out-perform the queue-creating slowcoaches
I always seem to encounter in Tesco et al in this country!

The French also do a nice line in rollers inset into their checkouts which
make it much easier to manipulate, pack and remove your shopping (and they
often pack it for you - sensibly - as they go!)

Terry